The Internal Affairs Unit receives complaints against an employee by the public or from another employee through different mechanisms. These forms are via email to the MCSO, phone calls directly or indirectly to Internal Affairs, hand written letters, or directly speaking in person to a member of the Internal Affairs Unit.

Once a complaint is received by the Internal Affairs Unit, the complaint is reviewed, and either/or investigated by the unit or referred to the bureau of the employee for investigation. Complaints are given a tracking/reference number, and documented. Any complaint that is investigated by the Internal Affairs Unit is given a final disposition at the conclusion of the investigation. Anyone looking to contact Internal Affairs can call (585) 753-4519 or email