November 2, 2022
Perinton, NY (November 2, 2022) Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic incident in the Town of Perinton at about 4:15 Tuesday morning. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with a man and woman who live together. The female has an active stay away order of protection against the male who is identified as Alphonse E. Barnwell, 37, of Perinton. Through investigation it was determined while the couple was arguing, Barnwell choked the female and struck her in the head with a pistol. Fortunately she was not injured. Deputies seized the pistol and found it was reported stolen in 2017.
Alphonse E. Barnwell was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree (Class C-Felony)
- Criminal Use of a Firearm in the Second Degree (Class C-Felony)
- Assault in the Second degree (Class D-Felony)
- Criminal Contempt in the First Degree (Class E-Felony)
- Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation (Class A-Misdemeanor)
Mr. Barnwell was arraigned in Penfield Town Court and remanded to the Monroe County Jail due to his predicate felon status.